For Microsoft Flight Simulator
Welcome to Aguedar
Aguenar Airport (DAAT), also known as Tamanrasset Airport or Hadj Bey Akhamok Airport, is a mixed use civilian and military airport in southern Algeria near the city of Tamanrasset. The surrounding region features beautiful desert and mountain landscapes and its location in the middle of the Sahara makes it an excellent stopover during any trip across Africa.
This Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 rendition was created based on the few available photos and satellite imagery. It features three bespoke terminal and tower buildings that were recently constructed or renovated: the main passenger terminal, the control tower and the small building in-between. Adjacent to the airport is an Algerian military base where many buildings were enhanced or added along with carefully edited terrain textures. Enhanced roads, fencing around the entire airport perimeter and hundreds of objects provide a rich backdrop during takeoffs, landing or sightseeing flights. Custom objects including realistic Algerian Air Force aircraft are included for an authentic feel. A nearby solar plant and an ancient tomb POI enhance the region.
- 4K PBR textures in multiple layers
- Parallax windows based on real interior photos
- Enhanced airport and street night lighting
- Reconstruction of the adjacent military base created using satellite imagery
- Accurate Algerian Air Force Su-30MKA and Mi-8
- SKTM solar power plant, which can cause glare for planes on runway 8 approach during sunset
- POI: Tin Hinan Tomb POI not far to the west for sightseeing