For Microsoft Flight Simulator
Welcome to Akureyri
Akureyri International Airport (IATA: AEY, ICAO: BIAR) is well located in North Iceland giving a good gateway into the Arctic North. Scheduled air travel to Akureyri started in 1928 when Flugfélag Íslands ("Airline of Iceland") began flying on seaplanes to Reykjavík, landing on the fjord of Eyjafjörður near downtown Akureyri.
Akureyri Airport, at an elevation of 6 ft (2 m), has a 7874 ft (2400 m) long asphalt runway in the direction of 01/19 (008°/188°). The airport has scheduled flights to several locations in Iceland including Reykjavik in the South, Grimsey Island in North as well as Thorshofn and Vopnafjordur in the East. International flight from Akureyri airport includes scheduled and charter flights to Greenland. As well as scheduled flights to other destinations such as Greenland, Copenhagen in Denmark, London in the UK and Tenerife.
- Custom Akureyri Intl. Airport Terminal Model
- Accurate runway and apron
- The Icelandic Aviation Museum Hangar
- Custom Static Aircrafts(DC-3,DC-6)
- Custom Hangars
- Highly Detailed Textures, Physically Based Rendering (PBR), Reflective and Realistic Textures
- Realistic and Highly Detailed Representation of the Airport