For Microsoft Flight Simulator
Welcome to Seward
Seward Airport is a state-owned, public-use airport located two nautical miles (2.3 miles; 3.7 km) northeast of the central business district of Seward, a city in the Kenai Peninsula Borough of the U.S. state of Alaska. It has two asphalt paved runways.
The airport was built during World War II. It was named Walseth Air Force Base and was closed by the United States Air Force in April 1947. It was excessed to the War Assets Administration and taken over by the Territory of Alaska.
The airport previously had scheduled passenger service to Anchorage (ANC) provided by several commuter air carriers over the years but does not have airline flights at the present time. This airport was the first of Northern Sky Studio's work for the flight sim community in 2015. Now 7 years later, they are pleased to present this airport with a new generation of flight simulators of incredible quality.
- The most detailed replica of airport buildings and vehicles
- Custom surroundings
- All materials created for full PBR
- Shading and occlusion (texture baking) effects on all airport buildings & high-resolution building textures
- Use of native, highly efficient gITF models
- Custom orthophoto for the airport and surrounding areas